Tuesday, June 20, 2006



Drenched in sorrows deeper than my heart can feel
For my soul is hurting beyond all that is real

Weak from affliction, pain and distress
Falling to the ground collapsing for rest

Eyes flooded with tears mixed with anger, frustration and shame
Pleading intensely that the Lord would remain

Come, Comfort, bring peace and rest is my plea
Cover all that I am in the shadow of thee



Suffocating darkness in the heat of the night, wrestling dominating fears,
Silence, no sign of God, trembling from the depth of tears, come Lord please be near!

Desperation, dampness succumb my face, hair and hands
If only God would meet me, I know he understands

Restless soul within me, weary, solemn, bleak
Exposed, bleeding, weeping, absent of peace

Tired stillness sweeps my body as emotions cease
My body in a heap on my bed now...Just waiting for sleep



As the night gives way to light, my soul continues to sing:
Come, comfort, bring water to this thirsty soul
Come, find me, being water to make me whole
Come, my king, my father above
Come bring rest and your unending love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home