Saturday, March 18, 2006


Today was a good day, I went over to the sery's apartment and just had a day with the Lord. It was refreshing and I feel like many of my sorrows and burdens have been lifted...I am sure that it is of course connected with looking into the face of God and being filled with his light, rather than looking inside of myself, seeing my sin and reflecting darkness...
The day began with giving thanks to God and praising him. After writing down things, rather mostly people I was thankful for I couldn't help, but sing to the Lord...I haven't done that in a while...What a joy it is to my heart to be able to lift my voice up as loud as I want and sing to my great king!!! Seriously, I had forgotten how much that alone brings restoration to my soul. So combining singing with thanksgiving I just realized how much God loves me and cares for me...It brings tears to my eyes to really think about what He did for me when I have nothing to offer or give back to him...
Next was time for confession and it seems to be a theme in the last few weeks of my life to be reminded that I am not condemned, but that I am free. However today it just hit me...I am FREE!!! God did not give me His Spirit to condemn me rather to bring me into confession so that I could be freed from sin...Additionally I was reading last night how I am a bond servant to Christ...Meaning it is no longer I who Lives, but Christ who Lives in me...I am God's servant... I am his and he can do with me what he wants...
The third part of the day was about reading God's word and being penetrated with his Truth...I feel God wanted this time to just remained me to have faith and to come to him and listen to him so that I might live...
Lastly was a time to bring before God decisions or rather a time to discern God's will... I am at peace, but I am not announcing any decision just yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home