Thursday, November 09, 2006

Overheard "Normal" Conversation Greeting

Student A: Hi
Student B: Hi
A: How are you?
B: Good. How are you?
A: Good. How has your semester been?
B: Good
As I listened to this in my mind I was thinking what does "good" mean? I know I respond the same way when asked those questions, yet why? Very few people are ever real with one another. It is as if we are the human race are walking around with shields around us as to not be expose in any way. There is such a lack of vulnerability and truthfulness..."Good" is the safe, expected answer...I wonder what would happen if we really did want to know how others were doing...anyway I just wanted to write my thoughts about hearing this conversation...

3 Comments:

At 9/11/06 3:18 PM, Blogger zoran said...

I REALLY do want to know how you are doing.
I'm doing good :)

 
At 13/11/06 9:11 PM, Blogger michelle said...

I am doing well (good) other than being sick with a cold for the last 2 weeks, I still have it, but I am much better...I really have been enjoying my time here and although I am still adjusting to life in Corvallis I have peace I have not felt in a while about where I am at with life...so thanks for asking...How are YOU?

 
At 15/11/06 12:04 PM, Blogger Laura said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home