Thursday, April 10, 2008

How easily a desire becomes an idol of the heart…causing life to revolve around it rather than God…like a stealth bomber it comes in swiftly and destroys with a massive blow. Shattering the soul into millions a pieces, leaving it devastated in ruins. Oh devious sin, sweet to the taste, but bitter to my stomach…when will you tempt me no more? For even a taste of you brings death to my soul…I am left in wanting, numbed by the poison lurking with in, yet unaware of the dastardly effects this sip has already left on my heart.

Gracious Savior rescue me from this idol chaining me down, release me from my prison as Your words says you release from darkness for the prisoners, proclaim freedom for the captives, you are the almighty one with all Power and Dominion…Praise to your name for ever and ever amen.

Isaiah 61:1-4

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,

because the Lord has anointed me

to preach good news to the poor.

He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,

to proclaim freedom for the captives

and release from darkness for the prisoners, [fn1]

2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor

and the day of vengeance of our God,

to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—

to bestow on them a crown of beauty

instead of ashes,

the oil of gladness

instead of mourning,

and a garment of praise

instead of a spirit of despair.

They will be called oaks of righteousness,

a planting of the Lord

for the display of his splendor.

4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins

and restore the places long devastated;

they will renew the ruined cities

that have been devastated for generations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home