Sunday, February 24, 2008

1 Corinthians 1:27-29
"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of the world and the despised things-and the things that are not- to nullify the things that are. So that no one may boast before him."

This was the passage we were going over today in church as we continue in a series about serving. Afterwards I went to Starbucks and thought about serving and how this verse is so comforting and wonderful. I am amazed by God because it is through the weak that he works great things. I certainly do not feel like I am capable of accomplishing anything big in my life, nor do I feel wise, or strong; Yet it is through brokenness, the "lowly things" and the "things that are not"- that God works his divine power. Oh what Joy in knowing God will accomplish his great works in a life, the world despises. For as he operates his plans by the "foolish"His name receives all Glory! Thank you Lord for choosing the weak, lowly, foolish, and despised as your method to nullify and shame the things that are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home