Sunday, January 27, 2008

Over the last few weeks and days I have been pondering Love and being a servant. God calls me to Love others, but what does that look like? God calls me to be a servant of others, and to be humble. Yesterday I was thinking about work and what I can do to share God with others, it was hard to think of specific ways to go about sharing who God is. Then today in church the sermon was about being a servant, just as Christ was to his disciples when he washed their feet. (what a passage about sacrificial love, mercy and grace because Jesus knew Judas was going to betray him, but still washed his feet). The main points of the message were to be others focused especially in the world; to no longer think about my status, but rather living in terms of mission. Where I am placed right now is my mission place. Second was to live life not longing to be "normal", but to be "peculiar;" in that others are taken back by our self-sacrificing response to situations. Lastly was about not just reading the Word, but doing. Thus After going over the passage we were challenged to look for 3-5 ways this week to be a humble servant to people. I have been reflecting on the sermon and I was reminded that sharing God with my co-workers is more than sitting down for deep spiritual conversations, it is building relationships through demonstrating love for them through being a servant. So that is my challenge this week to be aware of opportunities to show Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home