Thursday, April 05, 2007

Footprints on the Shore
Reflecting on the last year and a half of my life I have continually seen only one set of footprints in the sand. It has been hard to see where and if God is truly moving in me and walking with me. Yet I know deep down he is there. I see His work in the lives of others and glimpses of it in my own. Sometimes I wonder if God is who is says he is or if I am who he says I am. I doubt him, I run from him, I linger in places I shouldn't be in, I grieve his heart, But through it all God carries me, he calls me and whispers my names with great affection and love. He brings me to places of hope, when I need it the most; God lifts me up and dries my tears, he pursues me with a passion I hardly comprehend, but most of all he is faithful to reach out for my heart even when I hide it deep in the vast shores of my blackened soul.

Oh Lord you beckon me, strengthen me and pursue the vast depths of my inner being; you alone wash away the guilt and burden I carry; You are my king, my love, my hope, my shelter and my Redeemer. I know you hear the cries of my heart so I will continue to walk along the shore you have designed for me, as rocky as it may be. Be my light and my life, my gracious Lord and King.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home