Saturday, December 01, 2007

Cars need Gas!!??

So I learned today that E does not mean 50 extra miles.

Last night I was on my way to the gas station when suddenly the car would not continue to go. The battery light went on, so being the car buff that I am I figure my problem was the battery and had nothing to do with that fact I had no gas. Luckily the car stopped in a good location, so I just put the flashers on and called one of my friends, Ryan, Who was actually not at work, Praise the Lord because I would not have know what to do as it was completely dark. Anyway He tried to jump my car, but of course without gas nothing works. Ryan then noticed the meter line pointing to E.

R: "Do you think your car is out of Gas?"
M: "Humm. Well that could be, I was pushing it to the limit and the gas gage was on E yesterday."
R: "Well Lets get gas and see if that works."
M: "OK"

Ryan happened to have a gas can in his vehicle because two weeks ago he too ran out of gas...We went to the gas station only two more miles away and got some....
Magically after putting fuel into my car it worked!! Who knew that was how the whole system works!!! :-)

Lesson Learned: E actually means 47 extra miles not 50.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home