Monday, December 05, 2005

December 5th

The Purpose of Life...

Over the last few days I have been really thinking about life and what the purpose is...For me if I was asked this question last week I would have said a pat answer such as I am here to serve and follow after God, but now I think it is more than that...On Saturday an aquatance of mine, staying in our apartment for the week on a visit, from the university of Montana, died from complications with an affection she had...Although I know she is in heaven with Christ and lived her life for God it really makes me think about what it really means to live for Christ.
Paul said that he only wanted to live to run the race that the Lord Jesus had placed in front of Him. In all of the four gospels it talks about following Christ and taking up the Cross, yet one of the points seems to be missing in my life...Each time it is mentioned to follow Christ there is a key point right before it calling each believer to deny self. But What does that mean pratically speaking? Do I walk around all day saying no to everything presented to be because I am "denying myself"...Of course not!! Instead I need to fall at the throne of God and surrender ALL of me to Him...but this is far easier said than done , yet if I am to live life in the fullness that God intended it is what I must do. If I love God at all, it should the longing of my heart to draw near to him and serve him through totally surrender and denial of my selfish desires and thoughts...For His ways are higher than my own...Thus the question of what my purpose is, has become ratified becuase it is about denial of my sinfulness and self...Thus I am then able to run to Christ take up his burden and follow after Him, Without anything holding me back...

1 Comments:

At 28/12/05 11:35 PM, Blogger Matt Mikalatos said...

Hey! You posted again! Hi Michelle. Hope you're doing well. I'm at winter conference right now and you know, it's been really amazing to watch people talking about Katie and how she encourages them through her life (and death) to follow Christ. Keep up the good work over there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home